When it comes to delicious vegan dishes and vegan-friendly restaurants, we have it covered. Thanks to the popularity of Veganuary and the rise in the number of people going vegan, more and more restaurants and cafes have expanded their menu to include animal-free dishes and vegan versions of your favourite meals.
To help you discover where you can find vegan food at The Oracle, we’ve put together a guide of the top dishes for you to try on your next shopping trip.
1. Pret a Manger has totally upped its vegetarian and vegan offerings and introduced a selection of delicious dishes, which feature vegetables as the main act. We recommend the Avocado & Chipotle Chickpeas Salad Wrap, or try the Sweet Potato Falafel and Kale, Lentil & Roasted Spices Soup.
2. Japanese dining includes plenty of dishes with vegetables as the main act, so Wagamama is a great choice for vegans as they have a whole menu dedicated to delicious meat-free dishes. Try the Yasai Samla Curry – a fragrant lemongrass and coconut curry with tofu, peppers and white rice – or get the tangy Yasai Pad Thai, but with egg-free noodles.
3. YO! Sushi has plenty of offerings that focus on the power of plants. Why not try the satisfying Tofu Katsu Curry, served with a mild curry sauce, spring onions and steamed rice? This delicious meat-free alternative is definitely a must-try. And it’s been voted as ‘Best Vegan Curry’ by PETA!
4. Awarded 'Best Vegan Pizza' by PETA, the Vegan Giardiniera from Pizza Express will get your energy levels back up after a few hours of shopping. The pizza combines flavoursome artichokes with asparagus, vegan mozzarella, red onion, garlic oil, black olives on a classic dough and passata base. Yum!
5. Spice up your day with some tasty Mexican food at Las Iguanas – they have plenty of vegan options of their classic dishes. Try the Veggie Chilli (ask for the vegan version), a flavoursome fusion of sweet potato, butternut squash and chickpeas braised with spiced tomatoes, served with spring onion rice, soft wheat tortillas and pink pickled onions.