You love your kids. You love shopping. But combining the two can be tricky. Here at The Oracle we want your trip to our centre to be as pleasant as possible. Which is why we’ve got lots of things to make life for you a little bit easier, and shopping for them a little bit more fun.
We have allocated larger parking spaces for young families, making it easier to get in and out of the car with prams and pushchairs. You can find them in both our car parks. Simply follow the signs when you enter.
This is located to the left of the customer toilets, in it’s own area on the Riverside Level. It is also available for feeding your baby and features a private side room, changing spaces and a interactive play/reading area for children.
All our restaurants have highchairs, and most have baby change facilities as well as bottle warming. We also have a bottle warmer for hire, go to the Customer Service Desk for details. For free organic baby food, head to Las Iguanas.
Things to do
- There’s a pristine baby grand piano just waiting for your Jamie Cullen impression (or your child’s rendition of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star). Find it on the Upper Mall, near H&M.
- Keep kids entertained at Play 9, a free interactive play area. Let them play these educational games while you watch them and relax from a nearby seat. Located on the Lower Mall, near Fuel Juice Bar.
- For kids’ birthdays, head to Pizza Hut and Pizza Express for pizza-making parties.
- There are cheap tickets to Saturday morning screenings at Vue Cinema for kids, as well as during the week during the school holidays.
These are available free of charge from the Customer Service Desk. Suitable for newborns up to four years old.
Available free of charge with two forms of identification from the Customer Service Desk.
The Oracle is a designated child-safe area and staff are trained to deal with lost children. As well as an emergency phone number direct to security staff printed on an orange sticker in most shop windows, there is a wristband scheme. Collect a band from the Customer Service Desk, located by House of Fraser, The Lower Mall.
Changing Places facility
We are proud to have a state of the art Changing Places facility at The Oracle, located on Riverside level of the centre alongside the main customer toilets. Our Changing Places facility features:
The right equipment:
- A height adjustable adult-sized changing bench.
- A tracking hoist system.
- Adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers.
- A centrally placed toilet with room either side for the carers.
- A screen or curtain to allow the disabled person and carer some privacy.
A safe and clean environment:
- Wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench.
- A large waste bin for disposable pads.
- A non-slip floor...
The Oracle also provides disabled parking spaces with easy access to the centre – see parking for more information. Plus you’ll find accessible toilets and lift access to all shopping levels.